Friday, April 23, 2010

Work

Last time I was here, I did systems ground school for the Q400 and three days of procedures training. This time I had a few other courses to do. The students are either 6-7000 hour B737/B757/B767 First Officers who are doing there upgrade into the Q400 or 200 hour pilots straight out of the Ethiopian Air pilot academy.

The goal of the training is to prepare the First Officers to become Captains of the Q400 and to prepare the Academy pilots to be Q400 First Officers.

The difference in knowledge and experience is large. Selecting the appropriate level of difficulty for every lesson is a challenge. To teach automation to a highly experienced airline pilot and a low time light piston pilot at the same time is quite the challenge.

The students are progressing and I feel confident that I will be able to do the job that I was sent here to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

do it